I have installed GIT INTEGRATION FOR JIRA and configured git repositories which are hosted on the same server as Jira. I am able to browse the repository and commits that are linked to the issue. But i don't find the hyperlink to create new branch for an issue as shown in the graphic below. I have enabled the option "Enable branch creation":
Hello,
We support branch creation/pull requests when you use one of the special connectors like GitLab, GitHub, Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps, AWS, etc...
If you use the "plain" Git connector or a tracked folder, those options will not be available.
Hi, thanks for the input. Why are they not available for plain git connectors? Will they be made available in the near future? Alternatively, will these options appear if I connect to the repositories via ssh?
We have in our backlog to bring branch manipulation to the "plain" Git connector.
Pull requests/merge requests are different on different Git servers --- and these require use of the Git vendor APIs.
SSH will still use the plain Git connector, so it will still have the same behavior.
So how can I get those special connector for GitHub for example? I'm currently trying to create branches from within JIRA for GitHub, but nothing seems to be suitable for JIRA Datacenter.
Thanks @Mark L. Smith for your thoughts!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.