I access the jira database using sql script and i update the database. But i can not see the database changes in the jira user interface. I want to change the jira UI for those direct changes in database. How i can do it? Thanks.
What kind of changes are you making? Some needs reindexing and some needs restart! It is advised to make those changes after stopping JIRA anyway!
I did changes in Scheme in nodeassociation table. without restaring the jira is there a way to do it mate?
Arg. No.
You should never amend a Jira database while it is running (with some minor and very small exceptions). If it's offline, you can do more, but depending on the data you've changed, you almost certainly need to re-index afterwards. I suppose it's too late to tell you that you should also get a proven backup of your database before doing this...
Anyway, what *exactly* did you do to your data? Can you easily undo the changes?
I hope you have a backup? You may need it.
I reindex it but still not working. It works only restaring jira. How to solve it?
It's possible you need to restart the Jira Service. But @Jobin is right, you should be careful with the database changes and it is preferable that you do a back up before doing it.
Yes, I know, that's very shouty. But I mean it - do not update the database directly. Use the API - code via SOAP, REST, plugin, Jelly, the UI, html posting. Just not SQL.
As above. DO NOT AMEND THE DATA.
No, you've broken it. Stop Jira immediately, before it corrupts your data further.
You won't need to re-index, a restart should fix this, but test the projects you've amended right away.
If you install script runner plugin, you could run the clear jira caches script: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-ClearJIRAorGroovyCaches
If restarting makes it work, then probably this script will make it work too, without having to restart.
Having said that, I agree with the other comments telling you to use the API.
Most of the APIs you're looking for can be found in example code, eg the Copy Project script in the above plugin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.