I have been having issues with giving users permissions for a while now.
When I go to the repository settings (or the project's settings for that matter) and I try to search for a user to grant permissions I am often unable to find that user...
The thing is, that even If I try to find my user, or some other person's user (that person having permissions already, so they are in the list right below the serach box) they still don't appear usually...
I expect the standard answer will be "that user needs to have a bitbucket account". Well, I work for a large company and as far as I know, we all have bitbucket accounts... If not, how can I see if that user has or has not a "bitbucket account"? Moreover... if that was the explanation, how come I can't find users which I know for a fact have access to other bitbucket repos/projects?