So jira broke when I updated and upgraded on ubuntu. It told me it didn't support 5.7 so I tried to revert to 5.6. This took quite a while to do, because it doesn't come with apt. But, that was all useless. I looked up online and my jira version did support 5.7.
So, I spent another hour or so trying to remove the damage I had done and reinstall 5.7.
NOW, I jump through all kinds of hoops to try to get Jira to run again. Finally I get it to a state where it wants me to install the db.
Should be easy enough - I did it before, and I still have the old databases.
Well, it's not happy. It tells me this: "This MySQL instance is not properly configured. Please follow the documentation for MySQL 5.7+ setup." - and I went to the link, and followed all steps, and restarted mysql, restarted the computer, and still, the same error message. I tried creating a new db. Same error.
I went through this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-mysql-5-7-966063305.html
And I really thought that would work, but nope, it still gives me the same error.
I'm really bummed jira broke on an update, and that I've literally spent half a day trying to fix it.
Does anyone have any ideas what to do next? I don't mind starting from scratch, but I'd like to not reinstall the whole OS. And it would be great if I could import my existing database.
Thanks for any help.