Hi.
I read a lot about this but still don't understand.
I sync AD users (customers) to my Jira Service Desk instance.
All customers are in an AD group 'jsd-customers'.
In my project 'Helpdesk', this AD group is mapped to the Role 'Service Desk Customers'.
Then I went to the Permission Scheme in order to allow or not what people can do when raising a ticket. That is when I encounter this 'Service desk customer - portal access' security type.
1) I read that I should not set permissions to the Role 'Service Desk Customers' in the Permission Scheme, that it should be handled by the 'Service desk customer - portal access' security type.
But how does the 'Service desk customer - portal access' security type knows who are my customers??
2) I read that this 'Service desk customer - portal access' security type is good to prevent customers to have access to the Jira side of Jira Service Desk (as opposed to the Portal side) but I don't need to prevent anything : they are not licensed so they can't log in the Jira side anyway!
Can someone explain what I was supposed to understand here?
3) By default, the 'Service desk customer - portal access' security type is granted to a lot of Issue permissions in the default project Permission Scheme.
Like "Assign Issues". But with my test user, I don't have the ability to assign my portal-created issue to anyone, in fact I can't even see the setting.
So, is this security type really used and do you confirm I should not use my 'Service Desk Customers' Role?
Why is there even a 'Service Desk Customers' Role if we can't use them to assign permissions in a Permission Scheme???
Thanks a lot !!!!