I've been looking at the Behaviours plugin, and it looks like it does exactly what I want - it will show additional questions based on the response on a previous question. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work (probably due to my non-existant knowledge of writing code). Here's the goal:
There's a custom field called "Data Pull Type". Options are "One Time Pull" and "Data Extract". If you select One Time Pull, you shouldn't see anything extra. If you select "Data Extract" you should be presented with additional custom fields ("Extract Name", "Input Criteria").
Using the Behaviours plugin, I've done the following:
0) Created a new behaviour
1) Enabled "Validate JIRA Requiredness"
2) Added Field "Data Pull Type"
3) Added serverside script:
public void addExtractInfo() {
FormField ExtractType = getFieldById ("customFieldId=10312")
FormField ExtractName = getFieldById ("customfieldId=10313")
String pulltype = (String) ExtractType.getFormValue()
if (pulltype == "Data Extract") {
ExtractName.setHidden(false)
}
else {
ExtractName.setHidden(true)
}
}
4) Added mapping to the appropriate Issue Type and Project
And now I'm stuck. FYI, the script above is my best attempt at modifying the example script Jamie provides in his plugin description to work for my purposes. As a result, it may be way off.