I'm downloading reports from Jira and adding them to a google spreadsheet and then connecting the spreadsheet to Google Data Studio. Do you know if it's possible to connect directly Jira to Data Studio so I can save time?
Hi Alessandra,
I am not on the Jira team but I will try to help!
Atlassian recently created Jira Cloud for Sheets https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/jira-cloud-for-sheets-966051744.html which is a more direct way of getting Jira Data into Google Sheets.
It looks like one option is to write a GDS Connector that will use a Cloud Function (Azure Functions are mentioned but you could use AWS Lambda OR Cloud Functions in Google Cloud Platform): https://medium.com/@javierhertfelder/building-a-google-data-studio-connector-for-jira-b37048f79d93
Another option is to use something like https://www.integromat.com/en/integrations/google-data-studio/jira
I hope that helps!
I wrote a tool in Google Sheets that pulls data directly from Jira using the REST API. I have also linked the GS to GDS. Behind the scenes the GS is using Google Apps Script to call the API. The data is passed via JSON structures. In my case I am writing the data to the GS, but that data could just as easily be written to a DB or something like Google Big Query where GDS could access it.
A more hacky way of doing it would be to link GDS to the spreadsheet and create a trigger that ran the query execution in the spreadsheet at whatever time interval(s) you want. It isn't all that elegant, but it will definitely work. Integrating with GDS is something that I am planning on digging into in the near future.
If you are interested in the spreadsheet I have made it freely available. Here is a blog post that will give you the details. I also have leveraged that approach to create a dashboard within Google Sheets as in interim step to doing it via GDS. I included a screen shot.
Hello,How exactly do I get those reports/analytics from Jira to Google shite, sorry this not clear for me.
Hi , Anyone found how to integrate jira with data studio, if so pls reply
Hi there,
yes, it is possible. Skyvia provides a way to connect Jira to Google Data Studio directly: https://skyvia.com/data-integration/analyze-jira-with-google-data-studio
It is a no-coding solution, try it out and save your time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.