Hi
I'm new to JIRA plugin development. I'd like to develop a plugin for public use.
Today there are two development options, Cloud platform and Server platform.
The development frameworks for the server is java and for the cloud is javascript.
I'm debating between the path I should take for developing the plugin.
basically according to Atlassian, they are gradually moving away from the server SDK, as they'd like everyone to start developing in the Cloud platform. That for itself implies that the right choice should be the Cloud Platform option. That said, there are a lot of companies that prefer to host the JIRA server on-prem from an internal compliance standpoint. I would like my plugin to serve everyone regardless of their compliance policies. Is there a way to develop in the cloud platform and somehow run it on-prem? Is there a way to transform a plugin developed in the Cloud Platform to the server on-prem option?
Thanks,