Currently running Jira Software 7.11.2 on Server 2016 with HTTPS. Everything works great.
Earlier we tried upgrading to 7.13.1. The upgrade goes fine, it loads with plain HTTP. We didn't realize it would wipe out the HTTPS configuration so we roll it back.
A while later, we upgrade again, again, upgrade succeeds, we copy the HTTPS configuration back. Our java keystore was located in the install directory so it got deleted as part of the upgrade, we restore the file to it's original location, however we still can't get HTTPS to load. After learning that the entire installation gets blown away during an upgrade, we try moving the JKS to a folder outside of the installation directory. We update server.xml with the new path and restart jira, but HTTPS will still not load. Ultimately, we've rolled everything back to pre-upgrade again. oh and we did restore the security constraint to web.xml too so we didn't miss that.
I'm getting a clone of our Jira server set up so that we can get this worked out before we try upgrading production again.
But I'm kinda stumped as to what the problem is. we restore the HTTPS configuration back to server.xml, we add the security constraint back to web.xml, we restore the JKS and move it to a folder outside of the installation directory (any special permissions required? but it didn't like it when we restored it to it's original directory either), but otherwise it's the same JKS with the same password.
The only other discrepancy I think of is that there was a cacerts file that got deleted as part of the upgrade, but I don't know why that file was necessary since the server.xml was pointing to the JKS which is where the keys should be.
So pre-upgrade, HTTPS works, but post-upgrade after restoring the configuration to server.xml, web.xml and updating the path to the jks outside of the installation directory, HTTPS no longer functions. Only other thing I changed was to have it use TLS1.2 only instead of TLS1.0, 1.1 and 1.2
What else should I be checking when I get this clone going? Thanks!