Hi Atlassian Community!
My name is Jonathan and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Atlassian extension for VS Code. This extension brings the best of Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud into your IDE and is available today on the VS Code marketplace (detailed installation instructions below). The extension is open source, and I would love to hear about your experience using it.
Context and action right at your fingertips
We took the power of Bitbucket and Jira Software brought it to VS Code so you can create and review pull requests, kick off CI/CD, and work on issues from within your IDE. Listing all features supported by this extension would take too long, instead, here are a few highlights:

Questions? We have answers!
How do I install this?
Using the Atlassian for VS Code extension is simple and does not require help from a Jira or Bitbucket administrator.
Which Atlassian product versions do I need?
The extension worths with Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Software Cloud today. You can use it standalone with either Bitbucket or Jira Software, or in combination with both.
I have an issue, how can I get help?
Please submit an issue on our public issue tracker, we’re here to help. Also, feel free to contribute as well, the extension is open source.
I've got suggestions or questions, can I give you feedback?
Yes, please! We have plans for new features, but we'd love to hear how we can make this better for you. You can send us feedback directly from VS Code, send feedback using the 'Atlassian: Open Settings' and 'Atlassian: Open Welcome' pages available in the command palette.
If you tick the "Atlassian can contact me about this feedback" box we might reach out to better understand your needs.
I've tried it and I love it!
Nice! The team would love to hear that their hard work has paid off: if you could drop us a comment in the feedback form we'd really appreciate it, that's what keeps us going! If you would like to give us a little quote we could use when we announce the feature more widely we'd be eternally grateful.