Hello,
I'd like to have some input on the best way to manage two level estimations for IT projects in JIRA.
Context:
- cross applications business projects
- shared resources
- development via subtasks
- tests via XRay
- agile objects (Epics, Story)
When using the agile objects with Epics and Stories, the estimation via native fields is done on these objects. But, one object like a Story goes through analysis, development and test. With 3 possible actors involved. In my project I'd like to estimate the effort needed in each of these 3 domains so that I can reserve the necessary resources.
At the moment I am using some custom fields on the Story object like "BA effort", "Dev effort" and "Test effort". These are high level estimations. Then BA then does a second (more precise) estimation on the Story once it is well defined, Dev the same on Subtasks and Testers the same on Tests.
I'd like to know if anybody has a better approach.