Using a custom field for email or name, can I check if a customer already exists in my service desk as a condition before trying to add them as a customer?
Hi @Anthony Polakos
May I ask how you are adding users?
Normally, JSD should do the above automatically when it is creating users.
Please confirm the above.
Thanks.
Sure, sorry that would have helped.
Right now I use a custom form (another Jira plugin - Relay Intake Forms) to submit issues to our production department.
Where it breaks down is if the customer already exists....the automation fails after trying to add the new customer because they already exist.
My thought would be to have a condition to check if the customer already exists before trying to add them.
I don’t know how you are running the automation or the exact add-on however if the users email address is their username as well you can try unning an If statement to see if it gets any results other than null.
If this fails then you can trigger create user then before you perform add user as reporter.
I have seen email this issue perform the above seamlessly but with some scripting you can achieve this as well.
Hi Anthony,
Thanks for getting in touch.
I am guessing that your potential customer details are being stored in a custom field? What custom field type is this? If it is a user custom field then you can use the User condition inside of Automation for Jira to check if the user is a customer.
Let me know where the "user" details are coming from and I should be able to assist further. Perhaps try and get in contact with us at support though so you can share a little more about your instance.
https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
Cheers,
Scott
@Anthony Polakos
As far as I know, Raley Intake Forms does it for you - it checks if the customer by email exists, and it not then creates a "customer" account in JSD and then creates a support request
Why would you need to check this yourself?
Hi Scott,
I have a custom field for email address and name. I'll shoot you a support request as well.
@Anthony Polakos did you find a solution for this? I'm looking for a similar one.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.