Hello,
so I backed up my site and when I expanded the zip file I noticed the attachments are in a unix executable format not in pdf like it was uploaded. How do I make that data readable?
Ken
Hi @KJ
I was only looking at my backup this morning, so hopefully I can help - I'm talking about a cloud Jira backup.
In the root of the backup file, open entities.xml. Search for lines starting <FileAttachment, they're all together. The id="xx" gives you the filename of the attachment file and filename="abc" gives you the filename.
So if you search through the filename= and find a file that you want, check what it's id is and that will be the name of the file to search for within the attachments folder in the backup.
Hope that's clear
I think the question is less about finding the file and actually being able to open those attachment files and read them.
I too would love to know if/how this is possible
Hi @Rory Strickler
The layout of the zip file from a backup looks like this
and then within the attachments folder, each project has it's own folder and each ticket that has attachments has it's folder with the files (attachments) as shown below
Then follow my comment above to find, within entities.xml, the list correlating the attachment file names with each file. Rename it correctly and you have all the attachments
got it so the part i was missing was to rename the files. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.