Hi,
I am trying to insert a table from an Outlook email looking like this:

When I select the table and paste it in the Description field in a Jira issue it looks fine at first:
But when I click 'Save', it turns into:

So, cell A and C are turned into tables of their own, while B and D are formatted Wiki-style. Editing again and changing into Text mode gives:
|A|
B|
|C|
D|
And finally: When I insert a table (using the editor) in the Description field while in Visual mode, I get the same result as pasting the table from the Outlook email. But when I insert the table in Text mode, it works as expected.
I am inclined to call this a bug - but before reporting it as such I just wanted to check with the community. It could just be me :-)
I have tested this on 7.11.1 and 7.13.1.