I've seen a lot of posts with this title, but none that ask my specific question.
Let's say I make a form to be filled out. Each entry someone makes, with each row being a single entry, will have to select one of three options. This form is a living document. It will start with 256 rows that are not filled out, and may be filled out over time. Manually counting how many times "Option 1" has been selected at more than a handful of entries is prohibitively time consuming, and prone to error. What I would like to be able to do is display somewhere (without covering up the living form) how many times Option 1 is checked. I would also like, as a unique item on the same display (or even a separate display) how many times Option 2 has been selected.
What I've found so far is only to count how many checkboxes in total are selected (which in my case is trivial, as it should be equal to the number of rows filled out). Also, when I apply a macro to my table, it eats the table. The table disappears entirely and is replaced by a macro displaying information. This would render my living form unusuable.
Any suggestions?
Sample Table:
