Hi there,
Does anyone know how you can integrate Microsoft Stream videos into Confluence?
Hello there! Thanks for sharing with the Community.
Could you clarify if your Confluence instance is Confluence Cloud or Server?
Nonetheless, you should be able to insert an iFrame to show the content of said video:
iFrame Macro - Confluence Cloud
How to put an iFrame into Confluence - Confluence Server
Also, you can check this Microsoft Page on how to acquire the necessary information to share your videos:
Embed Microsoft Stream videos
Let us know your thoughts!
@Shashi , were you able to figure out how to get this working? We're also interested in doing the same. We've tried the iFrame macro, but it results in a white box with no content.
Diego - Thank you, it worked as intended.
Tim - I tried it on our Server edition and worked without a hitch. Able to embed MS Stream video now.
@Shashi , could you provide a bit more info on how you were able to accomplish this? We havent had any luck. We're also on Server edition.
Thanks!
Hello, everyone.
I can see that it's been a while since the latest comment on this, but still. I'm surprised no one on server has mentioned the Widget Connector macro. Is it not part of the standard (and as we all know, missing many things that should be standard) install?
My manager pushed back when I wanted an increase on max file size attached to any given page, and suggested I put the video segments I wanted to use on Streams.
I don't remember if I found specific instructions about this, but...
In Streams
Once you've put the name, description, etc. and the uploading has started, you'll have a button down at the bottom of the popup labelled "Share."
Click that. You'll have a popup with a link and a Copy button to the right. Hit Copy.
Hit Close at the bottom of that. Hit Publish in the window/popup behind that. Unless you want to make more changes in the "behind" one first, that is.
In Confluence
You literally just paste the link copied from Streams. Confluence auto-recognizes what it is, and creates a Widget Connector macro using your link. This can be, to a degree, configured, as with most macros.
I just discovered something quite interesting about using that macro, yesterday, but I'll create a new discussion about that.
All my best,Pat O'ConnellTechnical WriterMindGeek Montreal
Hi Pat, does the Confluence video inherit the Stream permission setting? Thanks
Hi Shashi,
not sure if it's still helpful but we developed a plugin that integrates Microsoft Stream into Confluence. You can find here
Best,
Barbara
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.