I'm attempting to follow the Confluence Server 6.9 documentation to enable SAML, but there are no SAML options under "Settings > General Configuration." Was this feature removed?
Edit: I'm running on a "Starter" license if it matters.
Steve,
Which documentation were you following? SAML is available for Confluence Data Center, but not Confluence Server. See the feature request below:
For more details, have a look at Server SSO and SAML Support:
Atlassian Server applications support Single Sign On through Crowd. SAML is not supported exclusively, but plugins do exist for the application: SAML for Confluence SAML for JIRA Another alternative is to use Global SSO add-on for SAML across all products including Crowd (check application version compatibility).
Atlassian Server applications support Single Sign On through Crowd. SAML is not supported exclusively, but plugins do exist for the application:
Another alternative is to use Global SSO add-on for SAML across all products including Crowd (check application version compatibility).
Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Shannon
Ah ok, that clears things up quite a bit. I was looking at "Data Center" documentation, I didn't realize that was different than the "Server" product.
Does "Crowd" mean that SSO support comes from the community/marketplace? So ultimately I'll need to install/configure one of the add-ons you listed to enable SSO in Confluence Server?
There's also https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/overview-of-sso-179445277.html
Crowd is another one of our products. You can use it to control user management in your Server products. Joe has linked this to you above.
You can see the main page about Crowd from our website:
I can see the confusion with the wording from that article, but the two SAML links are not related to Crowd and are simply a list of add-ons from Marketplace that will add SAML functionality to your instance.
I hope that clarifies things!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.