I have two projects.
I want to optimize scheduling of these projects.
Portfolio seems to be a solutions for this.
As both project needs hardware and software people, that have to work on both projects, I created two shared teams:
- Hardware (persons: HW1, HW2)
- Software (persons: SW1, SW2)
Now I create two plans:
Plan1 for project 1
Plan2 for project 2
I assign shared teams to both plans (as Kanban) and assign persons two tasks for both plans.
HW1 has to work on Plan1 and Plan2.
When I press calculate in Plan1 and Plan2 person HW1 is booked for both plans at the same time: overbooked to 200%!
Plan1 does not seem to know anything of Plan2, even though the persons are shared.
How to fix this situation.
1st try:
Have a Program, add the two plans: Plan1, Plan2. Press "calculate". Well, nothing seems to change.
How can I see the usage of persons in this Program?
2nd try:
Have a Plan with both Projects in it: Scheduling seems to work fine.
But is this the right Idea to a ÜberPlan, collecting all the projects that are there?
Rational:
Maybe I'm totally on the wrong track with shared teams. If I share teams, somehow Portfolio should know this.
Is my idea of a team wrong. Show I have a team1 (HW1, SW1) and team2 (HW2, SW2)?
What is meant with sharing in the term: Shared Team?
Person booking is not clear among plans.
Any help is welcome.