Hi,
Does it possible to use Grafana with Jira ?
I would like to get some statistics (number of issues and so on... ) in Grafana.
I try with plugin "SimpleJSON" and REST API Jira but it doesn't work...
This might help you (Slack-recommended by @Charly _DEISER_) https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Monitoring-of-Atlassian-applications-with-Prometheus/ba-p/811100
Thanks, but not really...
With this, you monitor the JVM and i want to have more statistics with REST and JQL.
We had the same struggles and never found a solution so I built one. You can use this project to accomplish what you need; https://github.com/bluefrg/jira-grafana-json-datasource
Hi Mike,
The reference is good,but when I try to validate (http://localhost:3000/test-jira) it returns Unauthorized (401) and when I run docker-compose.yml it returnsERROR: for jira-grafana Cannot start service jira-grafana: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint jira-grafana-json-datasource-master_jira-grafana_1 (b8c1646130d2e5a850575dd5c1570a7e5bd570238236a7b835045c469dfd82f1): Bind for 0.0.0.0:3000 failed: port is already allocatedERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
Hey nimmakayala!
You must have something already using port 3000 on your computer as the error is stating that, it's a common port for many other Docker projects using HTTP;
Bind for 0.0.0.0:3000 failed: port is already allocated
It's working thank you Mike
I'd like to recommend you to export Jira data to Grafana using Skyvia online data platform (https://skyvia.com/data-integration/analyze-jira-with-grafana). It allows you to load necessary data from Jira to Grafana through a database or a cloud data warehouse of your choice. Using this tool you'll be able to do it automatically, without any coding.
By the way, Skyvia is Jira's partner. You can find them on the Atlassian marketplace.
Hi @Jérôme Brandt,
Any update on your findings for exploring Jira Metrics with REST and JQL?
Also any idea how can I visualize it in Grafana?
Hi @Gabe Kressel
Thank you for the suggestion.
Could we get an alternative that is free of cost?
Hello,
You can do it by using Json API grafana plugin: https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/marcusolsson-json-datasource/ Then you just need to create a datasource with URL :
https://<your jsm url>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search
For authentication we have used : Basic Auth
login : your email
password : your Api token
Add header:
Content-Type: application/json
Once this is done you can create your dashboard.
Hi Benjamin, thank you for much for the response. I tried integrating Jira with json api but getting below error.
JSON API: Gateway Timeout
Can you help me out here
I used basic auth as Suggested.
Thanks !!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.