Hi,
My team handles work for multiple clients (10+). We currently have 3 different types of jira projects:
1) "Standard" Projects: For example, an application migration. These are planned with a set budget/scope/timeline.
2) Service Desk requests: Clients open tickets (incidents/service requests) in their service desk.
3) Recurrent work: For example, monitoring client environments
Resources can be grouped in 2 categories: Developers and DBAs
Most developers work on 1 or 2 projects at a time which is manageable. DBAs can work on all types of projects, they can work on 5+ clients each week. Each week we rotate which DBA will handle Service Desk requests.
I'm trying to create a board for the DBA team to be able to have a view on what needs to be done. I created a kanban board for the DBA team which so far includes all Service Desk requests and Recurrent work, but it's a bit messy. Also, I haven't found an effective way to integrate the Projects work in the kanban.
So, essentially, I'm looking for suggestions on how to handle the workload of a matrix organisation in jira, any thoughts?