We've received a request to assist with setting up a dashboard containing the SumUp gadget, with the hopes of providing a sum of Story Points and Credits. Up to this point, these two fields were set in projects as free-form dropdowns, containing strings. Because of this, the sum of the Story Points and Credits for the applicable issues is displaying incorrectly.
For example, if an Issue has 1 story point in the dropdown, it is being displayed in the SumUp gadget as "11874". If it is 30, it displays as "11903". As a workaround for the time being, I've added in two numerical fields that reflect the same name. The numerical field value display correctly in the gadget. However, I'm hoping that we can avoid much manual work for our users by mapping the already existing values in the dropdowns to their accurate values in the numerical fields.
Is this possible to do with a script? The Story Points range from 0-100, and the Credits range from 0-10. I have it mapped out in an excel spreadsheet, but I'm not a coder. Do we need to run a specific script through Script Fields? If anyone can advise what the easiest step would be for everyone involved, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!