Hi there
I need a docker image with the latest Python (3.5.x) because I am using some of the more recent Python methods, and nodejs/npm because I am building my app using Webpack 2.
I have the choice, it seems, of using the Python docker and install npm; or the node Docker and install Python. Both of these have turned out to be a little difficult — at the moment I am running a Python image and am trying to install nodejs/npm.
I am having real problems installing nodejs/npm. My bitbucket-pipelines.yml looks like this:
image: python:3.5.1
pipelines:
branches:
master:
- step:
script:
- apt-get update
- apt-get install lsb-release -y
# need to install lsb-release here
- curl --silent https://deb.nodesource.com/gpgkey/nodesource.gpg.key | apt-key add -
- VERSION=node_5.x
- DISTRO="$(lsb_release -s -c)"
- echo "deb https://deb.nodesource.com/$VERSION $DISTRO main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list
- echo "deb-src https://deb.nodesource.com/$VERSION $DISTRO main" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nodesource.list
- apt-get update
- apt-get install nodejs -y
- npm install
- npm run build
- python get-pip.py
- pip install boto3==1.3.0
- python s3_upload.py io-master.fromthiscomesthat.co.uk dist io-master
The problem is, I don't really know enough about the environment to download and install the lsb_release executable/binary that is needed to set the DISTRO variable.
Am I approaching this in the wrong way? What can I do to get the release into the DISTO variable?
Please help!
Mark