Hi,
We have a Log Work Screen, in which we have Date Started as attached in the screen. Which date it refers to Creation Date, Updation Date, Due Date ?
Hi Deepak,
The date that is displayed in this field is the date + time when you want your work log to start. So if you want to log work from yesterday you would choose a day earlier. When pressing the log work button this field will be auto filled with your current time.
Cheers,Bas
my opinion is it refers to the date you started logging work on the issue.
i tested on an issue that was created on monday (feb 18th)
when i click "log work" from more actions the "Date Started" field value is set to today
Thanks Bastiaan, But I didn't see any date being updated so I don't know which reports etc would get affected by the same.
I too am confused by the meaning and use of this 'Date Started' field. As I was trying to use it to log when I actually started a task.
However if it is meant to note the date/time that you want to log time spent, then for me it is of no benifit as I often have tasks where I may spend short bursts of time (minuits or hours) on a task over several days and then log the time spent at the end. Doing it every time I spend 5 mins would be an overhead I would not want.
So from my first line, how do i note the date that I actually start working on a task?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.