Hi there! After last upgrade to JSD 4.0.0 I have a problem with characters encoding on Customer Portal. There is no polish characters, like ąśćł etc. Before upgrade there was no problem...
How can I fix it?
Just to include important information, setting the encoding in setenv.bat was only applicable for JIRA instance startup with start-jira.bat
Basically, the workaround was:-
set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8
Sounds like a character collation issue with your database. You will need to check the documentation for the database technology that you are using and see what the required character set is. The process to correct the issue will be dependent on which database technology you are using. If you can post what database technology and version you're using, we should be able to point you to the right documentation to correct the issue.
I don't think that this is an issue with database because in other places in application there is no problem with polish characters...
My database is MSSQL 2017 with Latin1_General_CI_AI collation
Now I noticed if I refresh a page, there is no problem with encoding, but if I refresh it again, the problem is come back.
Hello,
I can confirm the same issue after upgrade to JIRA ServiceDesk 4.0
Special characters (polish characters) are missing and replaced by ? in "rhombus"
My previous version of JIRA was 7.13, I am using MySQL 5.7 which use UTF-8
mysql> select * from propertystring where id in (select id from propertyentry where property_key='webwork.i18n.encoding');+-------+---------------+| ID | propertyvalue |+-------+---------------+| 10205 | UTF-8 |+-------+---------------+1 row in set (0.00 sec)
I noticed that this issue is only on customer portal view (ServiceDesk Agent view is valid without missing characters)
Here you can see this thread for Service Desk User (customer portal) view:
Here you can see this thread for Service Desk Agent view:
Hey! I've just fond the solution!
In my case, characters encoding of the application was CP1250. I've changed this value using this solution (section Setting properties for Windows services via command line) using below options:
-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8
After restart, there is no problem with characters encoding
Hey Mateusz,
I tried to implement your solution, but without positive results. :-(
I did also some tricks with MySQL enconding for database according to Dave recommendation - no positive results too :-(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some times the best solution is to start from begging so I tried to install JIRA ServiceDesk 4.0 (Core 8.0) from scratch.
It didn't resolve my problems with encoding custom portal but I noticed some new thing.
The problem is with encoding only when I try to open Customer Portal View (window) from ServiceDesk Agent portal like on screen below:
Do you have any ideas what can cause this issue?
Be sure if your characters encoding is stetted to UTF-8 going to system info and checking System Encoding. In my case I've done one more think : I've edited the setenv.bat file using this line:
set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8"
Try it and then restart JIRA instance. Maybe that change will help you.
Still the same problem with encoding for customer portal view.
Anyway thanks for help.
I have created an issue for this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6258
I got the same problem but in 3.16.1 version. Jira and Jira Service desk is installed on the same instance. There is only problem with encoding polish characters in service desk portal. I suppose that this issue has been showed up after some upgrade Jira/JiraSD.
Hello Community,
I have exactly same problem, did someone found solution already ?
Thank you, Michal
Hi Michall.
First you need to doo is identify how you start your aplication. For example in my case I use Windows service. After that you need to configure the system properties when starting 1 - Identify the name of the service that JIRA is installed as in Windows ( Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services ):
In the above example, the SERVICENAME is: JIRA2311121559422. Open the command window from Start >> Run >> type in 'cmd' >> Enter3. cd to the bin directory of your JIRA application installation directory.4. Run:5. tomcat8w //ES//%SERVICENAME%
In the above example, it would be tomcat8w //ES//JIRA231112155942Click on the Java tab to see the list of current start-up options:
7. add this option in "Java option":
I am a colleague of Michal Nedela.
We are starting JIRA as a win service. I followed the steps above and added -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 and-Dsun.jnu.encoding=utf-8 to Java options. After that we were unable to Startup JIRA again, even after rebooting JIRA server - we get Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly. We are running Windows Server 2012 R2, JIRA 8.1.0, Java v. 8 update 111 (build 1.8.0_111-b14), database MSSQL 2012.Can be the reason low memory? As you can see in picture, we have allocated max. memory pool for Java 2048 MB and Tomcat8w process uses the same amount. Our virtual server has 8192 MB.
Just checked those memory settings in my dev server and Jira starts fine with it.
Please check catalina.[date].log, it should contain the error why it failed to start.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.