Hello,
My organisation is currently Jira user on Server license (1000 users) - our server is located in AWS London region and we identified an issue that users from APAC region got very slow connectivity to our Jira instance. This is caused simply by the fact of geographic location - takes a long time to go through half of the world.
We started thinking about options on how we can resolve this issue. I've understood one of the options is Jira Cloud (for sure there is some CDN for that) however we got a lot of custom plugins and modifications that are not available on Jira Cloud. Another option is Jira DataCentre - and got a few questions about that one.
I've understood there is no way of doing Geo-clustering (active/active), this is only available for DR (so I can have a replica in another AWS region but will not be active). However, I believe it can work like that:
* We got 1 server in EMEA
* We got 1 server in APAC
* These servers sharing Users Database (via LDAP)
Few questions now:
* They both will have different URL yes?
* APAC users will access APAC server (500) and EMEA users will access EMEA server (500). Is that means I need now license for 2000 users or can split my existing 1000 users license? There will be no crossovers (users from APAC don't need to access EMEA logs etc.)
* Is they are any shared elements between servers apart from users? For example, can I have the same issue type/flow between them (modify 1, copy to another)
* In case of migration 1 got one big server now, assuming when will create 2nd and will tell: Project X goes to APAC, project Z stays in EMEA what are my migration options?
* We also using service desk - how it works in that case, again got 50 agents, 25 will be in APAC, 25 in EMEA - can I split it without buying new licenses?
Thanks
Dariusz