Hi,
as of recently there is a nice toc menu ("On this page") on the confluence developer page (f. e. https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/writing-a-confluence-theme/), which I always tried to implement for our confluence pages (Con 5.10.8). It highlights the current item (header) while you scroll down the document.
With CSS I have already build a macro for a fixed menu with submenus for the page, because we have very long pages (not discussable now).
But I have no javascript skills (and wasn't able to find the solution by inspecting the page with <F12>). So could someone give me a hint, how can I implement this. The are two main problems:
- The most solutions with html/CSS/javascript assume that you can define the html structure, for example using <section>, but you can't do that having hundreds of different authors.
- We have to develop the whole layout only for desktop devices with browser IE 11 or newer IE, so for example I can't use :focus-within or other cool css-tricks.
Thanks in advance,
Volker