Hello,
I need help with Jira; it's not responding when I attempt to connect via my browser now.
Here's some background information:
I installed Jira in a 64bit Ubuntu 12.04.03 VM; I'm doing a 30 day evaluation. The installation went smooth, everything worked great, I could connect right away. It was running slow, however. I shut the VM instance down, added a CPU core and another 1GB of RAM, and started it back up. I've verified the increased resources are showing in the VM instance. 2 problems have occurred since:
1. Jira was only running on tcpv6 port 8080. I resolved this with a little googling and added '-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true' to the JVM_REQUIRED_ARGS in setenv.sh. Was this the best way to handle this problem?
2. Jira is running on tcp port 8080, as verified by netstat -apn, but everytime I hit my URL (real name removed) http://jira.company.com:8080, the connection times out. I can't find any problem in any of the logs. I ran tcpdump on the VM on port 8080 and see the request coming in, but no response. The firewall has the port open. Where/what else can I check to see why I can't connect?
I'm hypothesizing the VM change I made has affected this, but don't know why; I'm not a big fan of coincidences. I've stopped/restarted Jira several times.
Questions? Thoughts? Any help is appreciated.
-Steve