Hi,
does anybody know if Confluence includes links pointing to external sites into the global search? We have the problem that we try to find all pages with links to certain pages on them and search for www.site.com and www?site?com return 0 hits.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Adrian
I think it depends on how you add the link. If it's the full link in the text, then it should work fine. If you make some text the value of the anchor, then the "site.com" won't show up in search results.
Hi Matthew,
thanks for your response. We habe nearly all links as full text but I'm not able to find any of them via the search. I've already done a full reindex and deleted the cache.
Could it be that this error is related to the space import?
Thanks.
I have the same problem here. We are migrating content from HTML to Confluence wiki pages by using copy / paste. After having pasted, you have to remember to replace all links directed to the old links (with real URLs) by new links pointing to (perhaps non-existing) wiki pages. If you forget to replace one of them, how do you find that wrong link then? There should be a way to do that.
Hi
That's true! In confluence version 4.3.7 the search string like "http\://some.page/" worked fine and returnet a whole bunch of pages.
But at least in the new version 5.5.4 (I've tested only this) it is not working at all! No page is found!
Is this a feature or simply a bug? In my opinion some functionality has dissapeard without a notice and reason!
Best regards!
I tested again more deeply, and found the following (without real documentation by Atlassian, only some issues that lead to that):
A pretty interesting topic. Here are some references:
We have the same issue. Is this known by Atlassian?
We are facing the same problem. Anyone know of a solution?
Found this JIRA issue. Seems like it will be fixed in 5.9
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38194
Unfortunately after 3+ years, still no fix!https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-38194
points to
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-perform-a-confluence-site-search-for-keywords-and-links-through-the-database-830284252.html
which refers to
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27503?src=confmacro
which is marked as "resolved", however resolution is "won't fix"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.