Hi! I'm a new kid here. I'm not a Jira global admin at work, but I've done a bit of that elsewhere, so I know enough to be dangerous. Bear that in mind.
Scenario
- We use Jira Datacenter v7.6.9 (about to upgrade to 8) and I'm interested in automating repetitive tasks as much as possible.
- My team is using Kanban, no sprints/scrum, and all issues are in a single project.
- We're using Initiatives, and each of the (small-p) projects we undertake, will involve pretty much the same boilerplate epics & stories.
- We need a way to create a template, or otherwise import/automate, so that we can quickly create new epics and all subtasks (ideally with predefined links although that's a nice-to-have).
I know we can clone an individual epic, but ...
- The stories don't come along with it so it's pretty useless
- I don't want to do this like 12 times for each initiative
- I've never imported anything into Jira whatsoever, that I'm aware of
I know there are a lot of people looking to accomplish the first thing; I follow https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-7721 with baffled amusement (and have +1'd ).
Rather than wait for End Times or whenever this feature gets folded into the base product, here are my questions:
- Is there a way to create epics & their stories using JSON or CSV or txt or $whatever import, and
- Would I be able to do this as a lowly project admin or is it restricted to global admins?
- Can someone direct me to some really clear, dummy-level examples of the file structure if this can be done?
Thank you all very kindly,
PK