I did the upgrade via the Core download for my server windows 64 bit. I did the usual steps backed up the DB, then ran the upgrade after turning off the services for confluence and Jira Core. The upgrade said it was successful and asked to start, I clicked yes then was asked to open in a browser. This never happened. it timed out. I went to look if the service had started and when I refreshed the window the service disappeared, only the confluence server remained. I tried to install again, and nothing happened. I downloaded and tried to install service desk 4.0 and it ran through and errored out saying a file was in use so I quit the install since I could not find a file that may be in use. I then went back to install Core and now it wants to install as a fresh install and says a previous installation does not exist.
What the heck just happened??
I looked at restoring form my backups but is stated that the service would remain, but its gone.