Hello,
I royally screwed up and added all of our users as a licensed user instead of just a JIRA Service Desk Customer. When they activated their Atlassian account they were automatically added as a Customer and now we are being billed.
After I learned of my mistake, I've added new users as a Customer only and that process is flawless. These users are created as a JIRA Service Desk, Portal only Customer.
I've done testing and cannot figure out how to allow our users to remain a Customer without needed a license. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Below are ways I've testing trying to make this work without a solution.
I have tested with a user that I have the email and login information for:
- Unselected Confluence from the Application Access on the User page, went to log into Harmony, I get an error that I have an invalid username or password.
- Deactivated the JIRA account which removes them from being a Harmony Customer automatically but then I cannot add them as only a Harmony Customer. I get an error that I have to activate their JIRA account. (screen shot below)
- Deleted the users JIRA account (although my test user did not receive an email that they were deleted, I’m not confident that we won’t have user facing issues if I do this to everyone). Without the JIRA account I am still unable to add the user as a straight Harmony Customer. (same error as #2)
- Removed the user from People, Service Desk Customer, I still cannot add the user as just a Harmony Customer. (as stated above, I think we need our users to be Service Desk Customers for certain permissions within the ticket)
My thought is this could be a simple update to our Customer permissions from the Service desk project settings. Does anyone have suggestions that can lead me in the right direction, where I make changes with as little user impact as possible?
Thank you,
Stephanie K.