Influencing Atlassian's release cycle
We encourage our customers to vote on issues that have been raised in our public JIRA instance,http://jira.atlassian.com. Please find out if your request already exists - if it does, vote for it. If you do not find it you may wish to create a new one.
Just a load of Bullshit, There's tickets in that JIRA board that has hundreds of votes, one of the highest, that's open since 2002. https://jira.atlassian.com/issues?jql=status = Open ORDER BY created ASC, updated DESC
I personally have had enough of the lack of action for Atlassian in solving bugs/ key feature request I as a the admin for our company's devops solutions have raised or voted on what others have raised.
I no longer believe our votes, request have any impact at all in the software. For a company who goes round promoting agile development, their lack of actions on customer feedback is quite shocking, reminiscent of the old waterfall days. Even the support request we've raised are often replied with by engineers with very little knowledge of the product, 9/10 the answer is you need to pay one of our expert to help you, just pointless.
edit: Previously people states "votes" are just one of the influences, well in reply to that, I would really like to know when the last time out votes actually changed the direction of the software. It's feels like, it's nothing but a marketing gimmick to make you feel like you have influence / Atlassian is listening to feedback.