When a user emails an issue in via the email channel they get an initial email, but when an agent creates an issue on behalf of a user, and sets the 'reporter' to the users email address (after creating a user for that email address), the new issue email doesn't seem to send.
I noticed it didn't seem to be sending emails for comments either until a Request Type had been set, so I added a trigger to auto-fill the request type based on the issue type. I wasn't sure if the order of these things was causing an issue (or if I can just add the Request Type as a required field instead of issue type somehow).
Ultimately I'm just trying to have a flow where someone emails a user directly instead of the support email, and they're able to put that email into the system, and get the customer on track by having an 'Issue Created' email sent from the system, and away from directly emailing the agents.