I wanted to run synchrony (the one built into confluence) on a different port. It is because I have multiple confluence instances on the same server.
After many (honestly, already too much) digging, I've found this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf60/administering-collaborative-editing-852732551.html
...where you explain, it needs a "synchrony.port" setting in "synchrony-args.properties". So, I've set it up... and nothing happened.
However, I've found this in the synchrony logs:
WARN [synchrony-interop-executor:thread-1] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] populateSynchronyArguments Removed property [synchrony.port->8099] from synchrony sysprop argument list
Hmm, things became quite interesting at this point, so I did a deeper bug-digging.
This is what I have in DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java :
private static final String[] SYNCHRONY_ARGS_BLACKLIST = {
"synchrony.memory.max", "synchrony.stack.space",
"synchrony.host", "reza.host",
"synchrony.context.path", "reza.context.path",
"synchrony.port", "reza.port",
"synchrony.bind", "reza.bind",
"synchrony.service.url", "reza.service.url",
"synchrony.cluster.bind", "reza.cluster.bind"}; for (String argumentName : SYNCHRONY_ARGS_BLACKLIST) {
Object removed = synchronyArgs.remove(argumentName);
if (removed != null) {
log.warn("Removed property [{}->{}] from synchrony sysprop argument list" , argumentName, removed.toString());
}
}
So, I've found the reason, why the synchrony host/port can't be changed, contrary the available documentation.
Is there an useful workaround for this problem?