Good day, I need to migrate tikets and bugs from RT: Request Tracker to Jira ..
One of the answer here ... http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257298698
BUT, I don't know how to migrate attachments and links! This is the big problem! Do you have any ideas or recomendations?
If you have access to the database of attachment information, the related file system of attachments files, and the associated JIRA issue it has been migrated to, then you can easily use JIRA Command Line Interface to add the attachments using runFromSql together with addAttachment actions.
Not sure how RT stores these, if they are in the filesystem or in the it will be worth to extend the JIM plugin and add few RT specific import handlers.
Source is available in the JIRA source code distribution under jira-importers-plugin
good luck
Thaks a lot, I will try..
@IgorM Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but did you ever manage this?
If yes, how did you do it? I am looking to do the same. I can export the RT data as .tsv and convert it to .tsv, but, as you said, it seems to be lacking data.
Are there any Jira plugins that can help?
I am looking to migrate data from Request Tracker to Cloud JSM. Any information is appreciated. We already have JSM Cloud in place.
Thanks,
Joe
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.