Workflow best practice if I'm in a status and I have to set the approval of several references
I've done something similar when different groups need to approve. It requires a bit of work on the workflow, but simple stuff. I use project roles for user permissions.
Create a select list for each area with N/A, Yes, No options
Create a transition from the status where you want them to approve for each group with the condition of only users in 'that' project role can execute it and the related select list must be empty. Each group will only see their transition and it isn't set. Have the transition go back to the initial status.
As each group completes the select list the transitions will disappear.
Now you need to decide how to proceed if there is a No selected by any group. I usually open a transition to a status of something like Rework Needed, or More Information Needed. and then go through the approving status again. If all options are Yes of N/A I make a transition to the next status available.
Hi @Marcela Junyent!
Are you using Jira Software or Service Desk?
What do you mean by 'references'?
referents (it was a typing mistake).
I have a status: "In validation". And it has several levels of approvals of differents areas
Jira Software
Thanks!!. I like your solution. I'll give it a try.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.