I've recently taken over JIRA admin duties and have been contacted by a user who is unable to close a number of JIRA Issues. They come from Projects that had been moved to the 'Closed' Project Category and put in a Permission scheme that doesn't allow anyone but Administrators to do much of anything.
When I went in, I also do not see 'Workflow' or 'Close' buttons, even though I'm in the Administrators group. I tried changing the Project's Permission scheme to the generic one that most new projects get, but while that allows me to see the 'Assign' button, I'm still not seeing any way to close off the issue.
I haven't yet found the previous admin's documentation for closing projects, if he ever wrote it down, does anyone have any idea what this could be? I've used JIRA for several years, but I'm new to the admin side, I'd be grateful for any advice.