Hi Team,
I am unable to edit the attachments added in the confluence. I have gone through your article where it gives the option of editing with Excel or other MS office. Upon clicking on "Edit with" option it is showing me to download for mac whereas I am using the windows laptop. I am attaching a screenshot for your reference. Please review and share your feedback.
Hi @Vishal Budhwani,
Are you using Microsoft Edge or IE 11? If so try using Chrome instead. There is a bug for this when using those two browsers, and I've found that Chrome works better anyway.
CONFCLOUD-65211
-Scott
(Edit: Added IE 11.)
Hi Scott,
Appreciate your prompt response!
I am using chrome and the screenshot that I have shared belongs to chrome.
Kind Regards,
Vishal
I'm not sure why it's not working in Chrome, I'll see if I can find out more information.
In the meantime, try downloading it directly from the release notes. You can find them at Atlassian Companion App Release Notes
It looks like the bug happens in Chrome build 71.0.3578.98 for Windows 10 as well.
The astonishing fact is that my colleagues are using chrome as well are able to edit with MS Office. So if there is a bug then it should be universal and not just limited to my system. Correct?
Please share your thoughts and advise if there are any other alternative means of editing the document without downloading it.
I don't have any other insight into the bug other than what is documented in the issue at CONFCLOUD-65211.
However...the download I was referring to is the connector application, not the document itself. If you go to the Atlassian Companion App Release Notes you will find a link that will let you download the .exe for the connector and run it from your desktop, rather than pulling it though Confluence.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.