Hi,
how should I configure our Confluence so that a password change option would be available to the normal users?
usually, it is allowed to change the password for users [1]. But maybe something changed in your configuration. I guess a normal user means !administrator, right?
Another way is using the "Forgot Password" option on the Login Screen. Can please provide more details about the current state of your Confluence configuration?
HTH, Sabine
[1] https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Changing+Password
I've read the documentation before posting here, but I don't have the option to change password if I follow that path. .When I try to use the "forgot password option, this is what I get :http://awesomescreenshot.com/0f4300vafa
Re "normal user" = user without admin rights.
The Confluence version we are using is 5.1 .
is this a new Confluence installation? Or has already someone changed something. The screen you provided exactly shows what a former tutorial described for disabling a password. [1]
Maybe you can upload the <confluence_install>\confluence\users\changemypassword.vm
to review if this is why you are getting this error?
[1] https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Disable+Users+from+Changing+Their+Password
This is an old install, it's been in place since last year; I think one of the previous administrators disabled the possibility for users to change their passwords, so I am trying to fix that. How do I access / Where do I look for<confluence_install>\confluence\users\changemypassword.vm ?
This is an old install, it's been in place since last year; I think one of the previous administrators disabled the possibility for users to change their passwords, so I am trying to fix that. How do I access / Where do I look for <confluence_install>\confluence\users\changemypassword.vm ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.