I've setup Jira to run on my.lan.net:8080 and now would like to add Nginx as a reverse proxy. I've made the edits following the guide here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/integrating-jira-with-nginx-426115340.html. It seems something is amiss however. The login page is missing all CSS or something.

I can't quite figure out what I've goofed up. Anyone know where to look for clues? Are all four connector configurations required for this or am I supposed to only pick one? Not sure from the docs. My intention is to run Jira on the localhost interface
only and have Nginx handle the outside-world communication stack. Perhaps this is not possible?
my nginx config is this:
server {
listen 80;
server_name my.lan.net;
return 301 https://$server_name$request_uri;
access_log off;
}
server {
listen 443 ssl;
server_name my.lan.net;
ssl_certificate /etc/nginx/ssl/bundle.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/nginx/ssl/my_lan_net.key;
location /jira {
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080/jira/;
client_max_body_size 10M;
}
}
my jira/conf/server.xml is here:
<Service name="Catalina">
<Connector port="8080"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
proxyName="my.lan.net"
proxyPort="80"
scheme="http"
/>
<!-- Nginx Proxy Connector -->
<Connector port="8080" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" proxyName="my.lan.net" proxyPort="80"/>
<!-- OPTIONAL,Nginx Proxy Connector with https -->
<Connector port="8081" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" proxyName="my.lan.net" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" secure="true"/>
<!-- Standard HTTP Connector -->
<Connector port="8082" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true"/>
...
<Context path="/jira" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
...