wysiwyg or gmail like formatting in description (instead of markdown)

Ryan O'Connor December 7, 2019

i consider myself a power user but haven't yet mastered markdown. many clients i collab with on trello will never use markdown. why can't there be an option to use a basic text formatting toolbar, like the one in this test field! it would also save a ton of time in general, at least for me....

2 answers

0 votes
Jennifer August 2, 2021

Just chiming in to say this is literally what stopped me from adopting Trello, which is full of great features, and instead go with a small unknown app that has a lot more features and is developing faster on the funding from a lifetime deal than Trello is with funding from subscription payments. It's not hard to add a formatting editor, guys.

0 votes
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Hi Ryan,

While it wont work for Card descriptions, this power up would help you (and any other board users) with comment formatting at least.

- Alex

Ryan O'Connor December 20, 2019

yeah, i know about this but it's clear that atlassian can implement this without powerups. look at jira.

i care less about wysiwyg in comments and MUCH more in descriptions. i don't understand why this is not a thing. people who use jira are more familiar with markdown. people who use trello or more familiar with straightforward editing. 

looking for more than just a powerup on this one. am i alone on this? 

Like Steffan van der Male likes this
Steffan van der Male February 18, 2022

Definitely not alone on this. I genuinely don't understand why the most basic formatting options aren't available in a bar format in description & comments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events