Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to make a rule

Joury Schobben September 29, 2021

Heey guys, 

I'm trying to make a rule where all the cards that are linked to me will be copied to my personal board so i can manage all of my personal tasks easy and with overview. I know the rule should sound something like:  '' when a card assigned to me is added to any board by anyone'' and than '' copy it to ...''  but i cant find a way to do it. Is this possible if A: the boards are in the same workspace and B if the boards aren't in the same workspace

2 answers

1 vote
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Joury Schobben i accomplished something like this with Zapier once - it's probably possible in Butler automation, but I found Zapier quicker to work with. Just making a trigger for when a card is added and I'm the member, then create that card on x board and add link to original card. 

You also could use something like the Unito power-up as it sounds like what you're looking for is mirroring.

Joury Schobben October 1, 2021

awesome thanks for the help i'm looking into both of them, and unito seems to do the job perfectly thank you so much :D @Brittany Joiner 

0 votes
reidt September 30, 2021

Hey @Joury Schobben

As @Brittany Joiner mentioned and you should be able to copy cards within the same workspace without much issue using Butler. It is totally possible to accomplish this with Zapier as well if you want to leave the primary workspace but then issues quickly arise as Zapier connections are one way and its easy to end up with 2 boards completely out of sync with each other. 

Unito sync's bidirectionally so you can just set it, forget it, and most importantly, work in either workspace without messing everything up.

Good luck!

Reid. 

Joury Schobben October 1, 2021

thanks for the help. i'm also trying to get it done through butler, but i cant seem to be able to formulate the code properly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events