trigger rule if a custom field is not set yet

Alexander Ottitzky April 7, 2021

hi

is there a rule where i can trigger an empty custom field?
If an custom field is empty (not yet set by anyone) a warning (label, whatever) should be shown on the card

best regards

alex

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

@Alexander Ottitzky 

For trigger is when the CF is cleared. You can also set a condition on a trigger card that the CF is not set.

thnx, but where can i manage conditions? 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

@Alexander Ottitzky 

For example you want to trigger based on a card being moved to a list you can set the additional condition for that card using the flask icon and under Fields add the condition that the CF field is cleared. 

sorry, i want to to the following: 

if a custom field is empty, add a label to the card. 

how can i do this?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

@Alexander Ottitzky 

When a custom field is empty is not a trigger event but a card with a cf not set is added to a list is a trigger event and you follow by add a label 

and how can i set a card unfilled cf set to a "list" ? 

can't find this option? 

so without moving a card to a list there is no way to detect if an cf is not set?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2021

@Alexander Ottitzky 

Is this what you want ,

when custom field "Name" is cleared, add the yellow "Meeting" label to the card

this is a trigger event with an action. So the label is set when you clear the CF

There is no "if a CF is empty"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events