cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trello usecase

Chris S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2024

long time trello user and I want to launch a course in trello and want to make sure that only paying customers can access the course board. is this possible? 1. I want only paying course memebers to see and edit the board.  2. what is the best way to do this, create the course on 1 board or create course in workspace?  3. how can i remove users who dont pay anymore.  4.  Can i update the board course for paying customers to get the new content?  how does this work?  5.  anything else i need to know about course member access?  thanks for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hi Chris, 

Alicia, nice to meet you. I don't know the structure of the course you are thinking about, but I will try to give you my opinion

You can create a private board, and invite only to the people of the course. If they don't pay, you can take them off the board. 

If you make a Workspace with you as a member, you can create several boards, and invite people to the board you want. 

But, remember that if you have a person in one more 1 board it becomes "multiboard person", and you will pay for that person as a member

Regarding point 4, I don't know exactly how to do that. 

Regards. 

Aiicia. 

Chris S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 11, 2024

thanks for your help-  so i want to just have the course on just 1 board hats how i plan on having it set-up .  what is the best permission to have so the customers can use and interact with the board?  do they have to make a copy oof the board to edit it or can they just start editing the board they have access too?

Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hi again, it all depends on the type of course. Maybe you can change permission so the comments are not avalaible, or for example you can tell them that they have to copy the board, and practice on their own workspace. And they can invite you then (or maybe this is a crazy idea, hhaha) 

But automatizations does not copy, don't forget. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events