Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Hi everyone, 

I am not able to transfer ownership on one of my Trello boards. I can transfer on the other ones but not on that one, it's not even showing when I have to choose which one I want to transfer. Any ideas on what can I do?  

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Tuei Community Leader Apr 20, 2022

Hello @Nini Bubuteishvili , to transfer a Trello Board you need to be logged in on the account you would like to transfer boards from rather than where you are transferring the boards to. 

Trello also has outlined a step by step process to transfer Trello boards on the documentation here

Hope this helps.

But I am not transferring it to my another account, I want to transfer ownership to another person

Kevin Tuei Community Leader Apr 23, 2022

Hello Nini, 

The steps to transfer ownership from yourself to another person is as below:

1. Log into the account you’re transferring boards from. (Your account in this case)
  2. Go to https://trello.com/support/transfer-boards. Make sure to enter the correct username or email address for the account you’re transferring boards to. (the account of the other person receiving the board ownership) That account will be added as a member to the boards you select.
  3. Select the board you’d like to transfer.
  4. If you'd like the original account (your account) to be removed from the boards, select Remove your account @X from boards after they've been transferred to @Y. By selecting that, your original account will no longer be able to access those boards.
  5. Once you click on the Transfer Boards button, the new account will be added as a member to the boards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,361 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you