Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trello ownership

Nini Bubuteishvili April 20, 2022

Hi everyone, 

I am not able to transfer ownership on one of my Trello boards. I can transfer on the other ones but not on that one, it's not even showing when I have to choose which one I want to transfer. Any ideas on what can I do?  

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

Hello @Nini Bubuteishvili , to transfer a Trello Board you need to be logged in on the account you would like to transfer boards from rather than where you are transferring the boards to. 

Trello also has outlined a step by step process to transfer Trello boards on the documentation here

Hope this helps.

Nini Bubuteishvili April 23, 2022

But I am not transferring it to my another account, I want to transfer ownership to another person

Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2022

Hello Nini, 

The steps to transfer ownership from yourself to another person is as below:

1. Log into the account you’re transferring boards from. (Your account in this case)
  2. Go to https://trello.com/support/transfer-boards. Make sure to enter the correct username or email address for the account you’re transferring boards to. (the account of the other person receiving the board ownership) That account will be added as a member to the boards you select.
  3. Select the board you’d like to transfer.
  4. If you'd like the original account (your account) to be removed from the boards, select Remove your account @X from boards after they've been transferred to @Y. By selecting that, your original account will no longer be able to access those boards.
  5. Once you click on the Transfer Boards button, the new account will be added as a member to the boards.
Like salcedo zoe likes this
jernst January 8, 2024

Is this method still applicable with Workspaces? I attempted to transfer a board to another account and haven't seen it move to their workspace yet.  Does it take time to process??  Do other members have to be removed from the board for it to work??  Thanks!

Like Sheila Perry likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events