Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Multi-Board Guest" error when adding to Trello Board

Deleted user June 22, 2021

I need to be added to another departments Trello board at work, but when they try to add my email they get the following error that they can't move past. 

"One or more of the users you are inviting to the board are already members of another Workspace board. Adding them to this board will make them multi-board guests and update your billing automatically."

Any idea what the issue is? Plenty of my coworkers were added to multiple boards without this error message. 

Thanks,
D

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2021

It’s not an error. It just means that your user account isn’t currently a member of the Workspace (but you are a guest on one of the boards). When they add you to the second board in the Workspace they will then be paying for your account (currently your account is free in that Workspace). 

Mike Baxter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

This is an error, in judgement, by the Atlassian team to start with these micro charges on their platform. Killing Trello

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events