is there a way to share files without trello login, because i usually send the product link to the c

aaa August 18, 2021

is there a way to share files without trello login, because i usually send the product link to the client and they just click the link and download it, but starting august i can't use it? (do not use the method to make the trello board public}

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

Yeah, there have been changes with Trello's attachment API so I believe all attachment URLs are going to be private. Maybe try this power-up https://trello.com/power-ups/60d93bb780ee244d5d2b1edd/external-share

It's paid, but only like $1 p/month.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2021

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

It looks like the attachments in the shared cards had been migrated to the new structure and it is affected by the new authentication requirements. 

Check out the attachment on this shared card

https://trll.io/fIYbm9YsRm/roadmap?pwd=gO__wcbo4oa4D0v2

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2021

@milynnus Ah you're right! That would make sense. I guess the only option around it would be to add your client to the board as an observer, or create a separate board for the client and just copy over the relevant cards that you need to share with them. This would require your client to create a login, but if they're only on one board, they'll be considered a single board guest and won't be billed.

The only other option I can think of at the moment is to upload the file to a cloud-based storage (like dropbox) and share this link with the customer.

aaa August 19, 2021

Is there no other way to share faster?

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2021

Not that I know of

Martin Purmensky August 19, 2021

I have asked about this in a different threat.  Basically, the answer was that the new upgrade disabled that feature.  Like in your case, this creates a serious problem in our workflow and it appears that there is no work around. The suggestion was to downloads it and move it to Google Drive to share it, which, of course, is rather problematic - the point of Trello is to have all parts organized in one card, not to spread it out over other solutions. 

I hope this decision is reevaluated.  For now I am looking for a different solution though the export of Trello to other apps is problematic. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2021

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows 

Adam Cao the creator of external share has updated it to support the new authentication. Have not tried it but is good news to share. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2021

@milynnus ah cool! Good to know :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events