Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image files must end in .bmp .gif .jpg .jpeg .png or .webg

Damian June 20, 2023

Has anyone experienced this issue when trying to copy paste images into trello cards?

1 answer

0 votes
Frederik Vantroys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2023

Is the image you try to copy paste of one of these extensions ?

Liz Liraz Gal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2023

I have the same error while pasting a screenshot on the card

Mark June 20, 2023

In my case at least, the image has no extension as it has no filename - it's simply an image pasted from the clipboard.

Problem occurs when attempting to paste images captured via win+shift+S / snipping tool on Windows 11.

Frederik Vantroys
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2023

When I do that with a screenshot it works but probably because I use the Snipping Tool of Windows

Mark June 20, 2023

I too am using windows Snipping Tool. Are you using Windows 11?

Damian June 20, 2023

I use sharex and also when copying any image to paste it into any card throws this error now. Up until a few days ago it worked fine for years

Mark June 20, 2023

Hi Damian,

I had a reply from support, which had a workaround that seems to work:

a) Hit the "Image" button on the editor's bar

b) When the dialog box appears, hit ctrl+V (i.e. paste - pasting seems to work here, even tho' it doesn't elsewhere)

Simon Guillem-L
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2023

Seems fixed as of now, reload Trello page

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events