Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to using Butler to automatically convert the checklist item into card with member and due date?

Chen Yen Cheng February 17, 2021

hello

I know that the advanced checklist can assign member and due date in each item.

when using butler to automatically convert each item to a card, how to make the newly added card can be assigned with the original checklist item's member and due date ?

thank you. 

2 answers

0 votes
Asaf Hershkovitz February 19, 2021

The idea is to first turn each new item on the checklist to a card, and then you will have all the regular card options. It's a bit complex, and you will need to do all the automations by yourself, but it is surely possible.

Let me share the basic rules that I wrote for this task:

1- * Convert an item into a card *

when an item is added to checklist "Sub-tasks" by anyone, convert the item to a linked card

2- * Connect "done" action between the card and the checklist *

when a card is moved into list "Done" by anyone, for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}", and post comment "Dependency {triggercardlink} was completed on {date} by {username}."

There are couple of more, but these are the basic ones. From here you just need to decide what you specifically need and connect for each of those things the list to the cards.

Good luck!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

@Chen Yen Cheng as far as I know this doesn't work yet for members/dates on checklist items. This Trellinator function would do it:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/2f9444f3042302d823f994bd71e286c5

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events