Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you correct or change the user name on Trello?

James McGough January 19, 2018

Trello only allows one to change the password - i need to correct the user name.

2 answers

3 votes
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Hi James,

You can change the username by going to https://trello.com/your/account and clicking on Change name, Initials or Bio.

Hope this helps,

Danny

James McGough January 21, 2018

i am still having problems. i managed to correct the misspelled full name which is now "James McGough" but i had to change the user name to "james_mcgough", this is unacceptable. i want my user name to be jamesmcgough without a space. i received an error message that did not permit me to reset to the user name to what i desire.

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2018

Hi James,

What is the error message you are returning? You aren't using any invalid characters or spaces, if the name username is not already taken it shouldn't be an issue.

Danny

Ali Samie January 18, 2023

@Danny Zuccaro
Hi Danny
I tried your suggestion and it fixed my problem. Thanks.

Like # people like this
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

Awesome - glad it worked!

Like Jacob Fox likes this
0 votes
cath November 14, 2022

I have the same problem. It changes only the name but not the user ID. I put it in, but it won't take it. Or it said it may take a while. How long of a while? It's been a day. I don't want my full name to show as my user ID that everyone else can see. It doesn't give you the option to hide that part either. Only your email. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events